Contrary to popular belief, personal injury is not just found in auto wreck cases. There are many types of accidents that fall in to this legal category:
- Car / Auto Accident: This is the most well-known category and the most common.
- Dog Bite: There are several rules behind what is an actionable “dog bite” case.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians often have the right-of-way, but not always.
- Bicycle Accidents: There are specific laws that apply to protect those on bikes. Be respectful and cautious with bikers.
- Slip & Fall Accident: These are tricky and often tough to pursue, but can be valid in NC.
These are just a few types of claims that are considered personal injury claims. Each type of personal injury claim has their own nuances as to what may make them a “valid” claim, so we recommend you speak with an attorney to go over the specific details related to your claim.